I’ve had my TT-RS for a week now, so time for the modding to begin. I already had my genuine Ross-Tech Vag-Com (VCDS) cable from my last car, so I figured I’d start by unlocking some “free” mods first. As always, write-down any codes before changing them so that if it does not achieve the desired effect you can reverse them. You can also refer to the Ross-Tech wiki for more detailed information on each code and function here. Most of these were accessed via Module 09. This list is by no means exhaustive and I plan to update it as I find new things – I searched all over the internet to come up with this initial list since everything is very fragmented for Audi TTs in terms of forums and posts. I apologize that I didn’t keep track of where I got certain codes from, but I went through and manually checked and recreated everything to make sure they worked. I’m not 100% sure this will work on all MK2 TTs, but these codes were successful on my 2012 TT-RS and likely to work with other later model TTs as well.
Module 9 (Central Electronics Mods)
All done via Module 9 (Cent Elect) and then going into the long coding helper menu:
- Disable Amber Lights in Headlights:
- Byte 17, Bit 1 – Uncheck to disable the amber lights when the headlights are on
- DRLs always-on full brightness, except when headlights on (then they dim somewhat):
- Byte 15, Bit 3 – Uncheck it and the LEDs to stay on all the time (aka dewinking)
- Byte 17, bit 4 – ensure ADL checked
- Byte 24, bit 7 – ensure DRL’s as Position Lights checked
- Byte 25 – manually overwrite the 2 “00” digits in row 3) with 86 (may not be necessary)
- Byte 26 Bit 3 – uncheck DRL only active with ADL active, ensures DRLs on even if headlight switch is off
- Byte 27, bit 2 – check LED DRL module for parking position light and DRL…check it.
- Windows controlled via key fob (hold lock to roll-up, unlock to roll-down)
- Byte 3, Bit 3 – ensure comfort opening/closing via doors checked
- Byte 3, Bit 5 – check comfort opening/cosing via key fobit 5 via key fob buttons
- Note: if this still doesn’t work, go into the DIS and choose Set – Windows – Convenience Open – and make sure “Automatic on” is checked.
- Synchronized side mirrors
- Byte 8, Bit 6 – Check it to allow you to simultaneously readjust the driver’s and passenger’s mirrors. You only need to adjust the driver’s mirror for a wider/narrower view for a different driver or seat position and the passenger mirror will move accordingly.
- Flashing emergency lights with ABS activation
- Byte 16, Bit 0 – comfort indicators (default on) gives 4 blinks of the turn signals with a brief push…aka lane change convenience mode
- Byte 16, Bit 1 – emergency brake lights flashing (default on) flashes brake lights when abs triggers to attract more attention to braking
- Lower Side Mirrors When Reversing
- Byte 4, Bit 3 – Ensure checked
Disable seatbelt chime:
- Module 17 (Instruments), Coding, change 2nd to last digit from 8 to 0.
Got any others I’ve missed? Leave me a comment, and I’ll be sure to update this post once I verify it works…